The Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church Foundation was founded in 1903 by the Evangelical Association for the Construction of Churches in Berlin—the owner of the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church at the time of its inauguration in 1895—and was established on 4th January 1904. The foundation acquired the freehold and heritable building rights of the property. Its initial capital of 500,000 German marks was unfortunately lost as a result of the two World Wars and inflation.
For this reason, the Foundation primarily funds its work through donations.
The Foundation is run by a board of trustees, composed of members of the church council, figures from public life and representatives of the regional church belong.
The chairman of the board of trustees is HRH Dr. Friedrich Wilhelm, Prince of Prussia; vice and executive chairman of the board of trustees is Pastor Martin Germer. The treasurer is Ingeborg Burgert, Dipl. Kaufm.